Singapore Blog Awards!

Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and this message.

I'M ONE OF THE FINALISTS FOR THE SINGAPORE BLOG AWARDS

under the Advertiser's Choice, best cooking blog category :) It would be fantastic if you all could spare me a few minutes everyday to just vote for me at this link:


Yup yup, you can vote everyday and don't worry, it's perfectly secure. You don't have to be Singaporean to vote, so my dear readers from overseas, you can participate too!

Thanks guys :))

Friday, February 14, 2014

Groggy Grapefruit

Tangy, slightly sweet and deep from red wine, this groggy grapefruit will blow your mind.

Let me tell you the story of my Valentine’s Day…


Well, actually, Valentine’s Day in Singapore also happens to be the eve of Total Defence Day for us. So, my school had an event at the beach today J I would say, if I may take the chance to, isn’t that just the perfect chance for couples to get together hehe.

I spent the day running around, playing captains ball, sumo wrestling and racing through bouncy castles with my orientation group.

It was a fantastic day.

I could go on and on. But nope, I can’t leave you without an appropriate recipe because that’s my duty as a blogger.

I probably never mentioned this before, but I really am not inclined towards red wine.

But one fine day, I woke up with the obscure idea of making a groggy grapefruit drink. This isn’t a cocktail, just to let you know. It isn’t meant to be. I had no idea what it would taste like, but the alliteration appealed to me, perhaps because I’m am now a literature student.

I figured wine of some sort would do the trick. Why I veered towards red instead of white, I will never know. But it was a charm.

Ingredients:
½ cup red wine
Juice of 1 grapefruit
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ cup water

Method:
There are two methods of making this (one preserves the alcohol, the other cooks it off).
METHOD 1 (non-alcholic):
1.      Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
2.      Bring to a simmer and simmer for 3 minutes.
3.      Enjoy warm.

METHOD 2 (alcoholic):
1.      Combine red wine and grapefruit juice.
2.      Bring water to a boil and stir in sugar till dissolved.
3.      Stir sugar water into red wine and grapefruit juice.

4.      Enjoy warm.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice simple drink. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper.
    ~Hun... What's for Dinner?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...