Singapore Blog Awards!

Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and this message.

I'M ONE OF THE FINALISTS FOR THE SINGAPORE BLOG AWARDS

under the Advertiser's Choice, best cooking blog category :) It would be fantastic if you all could spare me a few minutes everyday to just vote for me at this link:


Yup yup, you can vote everyday and don't worry, it's perfectly secure. You don't have to be Singaporean to vote, so my dear readers from overseas, you can participate too!

Thanks guys :))

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Butterscotch Blondies

Ooey, gooey, chewy butterscotch blondies. They’re sweet, caramel-y and really rich. I would say the texture’s perfect, the best I’ve made in a long while :)

I would have posted this recipe a while back, but the final product I got last week was hardly appetizing after I removed it from the pan. To save you some stomach lurching, I didn’t take a picture to post it. Due to my own forgetfulness, I did not line the pan with parchment and instead, only greased it.


Of course, if I were simply making blondies, it would have been no issue. But with all the caramel-y butterscotch going into the oven to be melted and heated to such a high temperature, no parchment paper = no butterscotch blondies.

The sugar melted, stuck and out came my butterscotch blondies, glued to the pan like the north pole of a magnet to the south pole of another magnet (you know I’m bad with simile – so much for being a literature student).


Needless to say, after I had scraped out the ooey, gooey mess (of which I happily ate the broken pieces), I cut the remainder that seemed acceptable and brought them to school.

Now, I quote my classmate:

‘You should sell these.’


Perhaps I should. They’re perfectly chewy and ooey and gooey. And the butterscotch…Oh the butterscotch! I can’t take any credit for the butterscotch because I bought nestle’s butterscotch chips, but still, who can deny that butterscotch is amazing?

Ingredients:
1 stick / 1/2cup / 113g butter

¾ cup dark brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon / 12g vanilla extract

¼ teaspoon / 1g salt
1 cup / 128g plain flour

1/3 cup cream
1 cup / 160g butterscotch chips

Method:
1.      Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2.      Line a 8x8 inch pan with greased parchment paper.
3.      Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
4.      Pour melted butter over brown sugar and whisk till sugar is melted and the mixture is thick.
5.      Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract.
6.      Fold in flour and salt.
7.      Bring cream to a simmer.
8.      Pour over butterscotch chips and whisk till melted.
9.      Spread half the blondie batter evenly in the pan.
10.   Pour over the butterscotch mixture.
11.   Dollop the rest of the blondie batter over the butterscotch.
12.   Swirl with a skewer or knife.
13.   Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

14.   Cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...