Singapore Blog Awards!

Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and this message.

I'M ONE OF THE FINALISTS FOR THE SINGAPORE BLOG AWARDS

under the Advertiser's Choice, best cooking blog category :) It would be fantastic if you all could spare me a few minutes everyday to just vote for me at this link:


Yup yup, you can vote everyday and don't worry, it's perfectly secure. You don't have to be Singaporean to vote, so my dear readers from overseas, you can participate too!

Thanks guys :))

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Orange Chia Seed Muffins

Not that I’m trying to start the new year with some healthy muffins because everyone made new year resolutions to lose weight, eat healthy and all.


I had actually intended to begin the year with the most scarily indulgent recipe possible, owing to the fact that, well, the new year is something to be celebrated.

Unfortunately, I haven’t quite had the time to photograph that recipe. You know, chalets around Christmas, dinners, countdown parties (quite an eventful one, at that!), more chalets, barbeques… Who has the time around this season?


So I decided to dig up some of the recipes that I owe you guys. And by owe, I mean stuff that I’ve said ‘Recipe coming soon!’ and never did post. The first on the list (I mean, first one I can remember) is this orange chia seed muffins. They never did look very impressive and some of you may say they’re just a another lemon poppy seed of lemon chia seed muffin, but trust me on this.

It’s different.


When I took these out of the oven, I was amazed, for the lack of a better word. They were so soft, so fluffy. And as cliché as it sounds, they reminded me of a cloud, a cloud that’s scented lightly with citrusy orange and crunchy yet gel-ish with chia seeds.

I guess, if that’s not enough to convince you, the fact that these muffins have chia seeds should suffice.

Orange Chia Seed Muffins
Ingredients:
2 cups / 9 oz / 256g plain flour
1 tablespoon / 12g baking powder
¼ cup / 2 oz / 50g granulated sugar
½ tsp / 4g salt

¾ cup / 6 oz / 177g milk
Juice and zest of two oranges
½ cup / 3.5 oz / 100g vegetable oil
¼ cup / 3 oz / 82g maple syrup

2 tablespoon / 20g chia seeds

Method:
1.      Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2.      Grease a muffin tin with oil or softened butter.
3.      Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
4.      In another bowl, whisk together milk, juice, zest, oil and maple syrup.
5.      Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
6.      Stir in the chia seeds.
7.      Scoop evenly into 6 holes of the muffin tin.
8.      Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until a skewer poked in the centre comes out clean.
9.      Cool for 3-4 minutes in the muffin tin, then invert to remove and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.

Like Little Accidents in the Kitchen on Facebook and I will like you if you do =)
Follow me on twitter for updates and some odd bits of me.
Follow me on instagram to see snapshots of everything and anything (and updates!)
Follow me on pinterest if you desire an overload of deliciousness.

Any other social media you'd like to see me on?


4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    These muffins look amazing! Do you have a suggestion for a substitute for the maple-syrup non-lovers?

    Thanks!
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I would suggest simply replacing it with sugar. But honestly, you can't taste the maple syrup in this so you won't have to!

      Delete
  2. These look yummy. I love anything orange flavored! I'm featuring you this week for Friday Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it and thanks for the.feature!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...