Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Baileys Blondies

I'm sorry not sorry for posting this only after St. Patrick's Day. But then, who cares when I post it anyway? It's not like you can only enjoy these during the season. Even so, it's sort of still the season, isn't it?


For all of you who know me, you'll know I love working with alcohol. So these blondies are pretty much my babies. They're packed full of Bailey's Irish Cream flavour. It's almost as if the alcohol is still there. But of course it's not. It's all been baked out.


What's more, they're chewy, soft and gosh, so good. I really don't know how to describe them.


I'm wondering if I should write more? My batchmates at training camp said I don't sound anything like my usual self when I blog. What is my usual self anyway? According to them, cynical and sarcastic. Somehow it just doesn't seem to tie to the blog. I can't type like that. Or rather, my attitude towards food just isn't like that.


Anyway, before I run you down with such a boring rant, I have a declaration to make. I've really got to be healthy soon. Now, actually. It's a short 14 days to competition and keeping myself fit is important. That = healthy eating. And after that competition, I'll be competing in another competition in a weight category that's 5kg less. That = losing weight = healthy eating + exercise. So, after I'm done with posting this humongous load of indulgent stuff, expect healthy stuff!


Oh yea, before you go. Let me share another kitchen fail. I tried to make these smores bailey's blondies. So I baked it with marshmallows and here's the result:


Ugly, right? I guess I should have baked the brownies, then brulee the marshmallows on top after baking, right? Well, taste testing...


They were pretty good! I used some delicious-failed homemade brown butter marshmallows that were too soft, but perfect in flavour. So if you happen to have some good brown butter marshmallows, use them with the blondies!


Anyway, make the blondies! Think brownies - chocolate + liqueur. Yay =)

makes 9 big blondies or 18 small ones
Ingredients:
113g butter, melted
3/4 cup dark brown sugar

1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3/8 cup bailey''s irish cream

1/2 tsp baking powder
150g all purpose flour

Method:
1. Whisk together melted butter and dark brown sugar.

2. Whisk in the egg, vanilla essence and bailey's until smooth.

3. Sift the baking powder and flour into the wet mixture and mix till well combined.

4. Pour into a greased 8x5 inch baking pan and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes, or until a skewer poked in the centre comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...