Singapore Blog Awards!

Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and this message.

I'M ONE OF THE FINALISTS FOR THE SINGAPORE BLOG AWARDS

under the Advertiser's Choice, best cooking blog category :) It would be fantastic if you all could spare me a few minutes everyday to just vote for me at this link:


Yup yup, you can vote everyday and don't worry, it's perfectly secure. You don't have to be Singaporean to vote, so my dear readers from overseas, you can participate too!

Thanks guys :))

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cheese Cookie Sticks

Sometimes you're sick of sweet stuff....

Heaven forbid! I will never be sick of sweet stuff. I hope. Yet I hope I will for a while. Because even though I'm not gaining any weight from all the sweet treats I'm consuming everyday, I feel kind of bad eating them. So I thought I'd make something instead today, just for the sake of it.

So no sugar. Yay ^^


But since there's no sugar, there has to be my second most guilty indulgence: CHEESE.


If you read my previous post on Oreo Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies, you'd know I've been eating chunks of mozzarella everyday, each time I pass the freezer. My self control (or lack thereof) will really bring about my demise one day.

While these cheese cookie sticks don't have mozzarella, they have double gloucester. You know, I didn't know of double gloucester until a while ago, when I made a cheesy cream cheese stuffed monkey bread. Now now, don't ask me where that post is. It was so good I forgot to take a picture! So until I make it again, there will be no post.


I tested the recipe with cheddar as well, so that will work perfectly too.

Let me tell you a secret. Cutting butter into flour doesn't have to be a painful process. Although it certainly was for me. Not because I ended up overworking the dough, but because I cut myself my with the pastry cutter while cutting the butter into the flour. How is that possible? Don't ask me. I'm just accident prone. Back to the secret. The easiest way to make sure you don't overwork the dough is to grate the butter into tiny little pieces then freeze it till it's hard. That way, you'll only have to spend minimal time cutting the butter into the flour! So simple, isn't it?


Now that you know the secret to making this super easy, go make it!

Ingredients:
80g hard cheese (I used double gloucester, but cheddar will work as well)
56g butter

100g wholewheat flour
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

1/2 tsp water

Method:
1. Grate butter and cheese. Freeze for about 15 minutes.

2. Sift wholewheat flour, black pepper and cayenne pepper over.

3. Cut butter and cheese into the dough till it resembles fine crumbs.

4. Cut in the 1/2 tsp of water then bring it together to form a dough.

5. Roll out into a 1 cm thick rope, then cut into 5 cm long ropes.

6. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes, until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...